Forum

Preparing for Mocks

Started by Caddy Harrison · 18 Replies
Posted: 1 y Report
My lovely daughter is preparing for her GCSE mocks, she is Y10 and is very clever and does well academically. She has told me that the year 11 children discuss how much money parents will give them for each 7/8/9 grade which is A-A*. One boy has said his parents have promised him £50 per top grade he gets. This prompted another boy to say he will get £400, should he get 4 or more top grades.
When I was 16, I just recall going for a nice meal with my parents to celebrate my passing.
Is this really a thing?

Avatar Bella Morandio Joined: 1 y

Yes, my son last year passed his GCSE with 7 a and bs. Very happy with that. He got a voucher for new clothes and trainers and equipment for college, money towards his driving test in the future

Avatar Caddy Harrison Joined: 1 y

Yes, a lady on the school run I was taling with earlier said her eldest child is going to get money for passing his. She didnt give an amount but she said its very normal and common. Didn't really hear of this till my daughter told me this morning and a following conversation with another school mum in the school grounds today.
Thanks for your response

Avatar Bella Morandio Joined: 1 y

My brothers son received £500 for getting 8 A stars and 1 A . He did really well and worked very hard.its more common than you realise

Avatar Jaleel Upton Joined: 3 yrs

It's crazy how much pressure parents are putting on their kids nowadays.

Avatar Kaelyn Nienow Joined: 3 yrs

Giving monetary rewards for grades seems like it sends the wrong message about education.

Avatar Jazmyne Conroy Joined: 3 yrs

It's sad that kids are focusing more on money than their actual education.

Avatar Logan Prohaska Joined: 3 yrs

I'm not surprised that this is happening, kids are getting more entitled every year.

Avatar Antonina Rohan Joined: 3 yrs

As a parent, I would rather reward my child with experiences or a heartfelt congratulations rather than money.

Avatar Jaida Balistreri Joined: 3 yrs

I remember when I was in school, getting good grades was just expected of me, I never received any monetary rewards.

Avatar Roberto Corwin Joined: 3 yrs

It's not fair to compare how we were raised to how kids are being raised now, times have changed.
Page name here
Full Face of viral Makeup #beautytips #makeuptips