Forum

Can you share any personal experiences or stories about overcoming barriers related to disabilities?

Started by Kelsi Boyle · 11 Replies
Posted: 14 w Report
Have you ever faced obstacles related to disabilities and successfully overcome them? Share your personal experiences and stories of breaking down barriers in this forum discussion.

Avatar Alysha Jones Joined: 3 yrs

Posted: 13 w Report
I faced barriers related to my disability when trying to find a job, but with determination and perseverance, I landed a job that accommodated my needs.

Avatar Francisco Pollich Joined: 3 yrs

Another time, I struggled to access a public building due to lack of accessibility, but after advocating for change, ramps were installed which made things easier for everyone with disabilities.

Avatar Enos Wiegand Joined: 3 yrs

It was challenging to communicate effectively in social settings, but with the help of assistive technology and practicing social skills, I have improved my interactions with others.

Despite encountering obstacles related to my disability, I have always found ways to overcome them through creativity and resilience.

Avatar Juwan Turner Joined: 3 yrs

Losing my vision at a young age was difficult, but I learned new skills and adapted to the changes, allowing me to live a fulfilling life.

After facing discrimination due to my disability, I stood up for my rights and educated others on the importance of inclusivity and acceptance.

Avatar Mekhi Leuschke Joined: 2 yrs

Being in a wheelchair made it hard to participate in physical activities, but I found adaptive sports and activities that I enjoy and excel in.

Avatar Carole Luettgen Joined: 3 yrs

Prejudice and stereotypes about my disability made it challenging to build relationships, but by being open and authentic, I have formed meaningful connections with others.

Struggling to navigate public transportation was a barrier for me, but after reaching out to transportation authorities, they made changes to improve accessibility for all passengers.

Avatar Cristina Shanahan Joined: 3 yrs

Balancing work and managing my disability has been a challenge, but with the support of understanding colleagues, I have found ways to excel in my career.
Page name here
Full Face of viral Makeup #beautytips #makeuptips