Forum

Can anyone recommend a good parenting book or online resource for dealing with teenage rebellion?

Started by Benton Mayer · 8 Replies
Posted: 5 w Report
Struggling to handle teenage rebellion? Seeking recommendations for a helpful parenting book or online resource. Any suggestions on where to turn for guidance?

Avatar Kavon Lindgren Joined: 3 yrs

Posted: 15 hrs Report
I highly recommend the book "Parenting the Strong-Willed Teen" by Cynthia Tobias. It offers practical strategies for understanding and effectively communicating with rebellious teenagers.

Avatar Minnie Prosacco Joined: 3 yrs

I found the online resource ParentingTeens.com to be incredibly helpful in navigating the challenges of teenage rebellion. They offer articles, forums, and expert advice on dealing with difficult behaviors.

Avatar Rossie Witting Joined: 3 yrs

One book that really helped me was "How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk" by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. It provides valuable insights on improving communication and strengthening relationships with rebellious teens.

Avatar Marisa Rath Joined: 3 yrs

I've had success using the parenting program Love and Logic with my rebellious teenager. It teaches parents how to set limits and consequences in a loving and respectful way.

Avatar Mae Nikolaus Joined: 3 yrs

Parenting a rebellious teen can be tough, but the book "Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers" by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Maté offers a unique perspective on understanding and connecting with your teenager.

Avatar Kellie Dicki Joined: 3 yrs

I've found the website EmpoweringParents.com to be a great resource for dealing with teenage rebellion. They offer practical tips and tools for effectively managing challenging behaviors.

For me, the book "The Explosive Child" by Ross W. Greene was a game-changer in how I approached my rebellious teenager. It focuses on collaborative problem-solving and finding solutions that work for both parent and child.

Avatar Makenna Macejkovic Joined: 3 yrs

One online resource that has been invaluable for me is The Parenting Center's Teen Behavior Toolbox. It's full of practical strategies and guidance for parents dealing with teenage rebellion.
Page name here
Full Face of viral Makeup #beautytips #makeuptips