Forum

How can I navigate conversations about social justice and activism with friends and family who may not share the same views?

Started by Mariano Huel · 3 Replies
Posted: 2 w Report
How can I respectfully discuss social justice and activism with loved ones who have different beliefs?

Avatar Cleve Schuppe Joined: 3 yrs

Posted: 3 d Report
I think the key is to approach the conversation with an open mind and willingness to listen. Try to understand where they are coming from and share your own perspective in a calm and respectful manner. It's important to focus on finding common ground and discussing issues with empathy and understanding.

Avatar Ted Koelpin Joined: 3 yrs

I've found that using personal stories and examples can be really effective in helping others see things from a different perspective. Sharing articles or resources that support your views can also be helpful in starting a constructive dialogue. It's important to remember that change takes time and patience, so don't get discouraged if you don't see eye-to-eye right away.

Avatar Libby Ruecker Joined: 2 yrs

Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree and focus on maintaining a positive relationship. Not everyone is going to see things the same way, and that's okay. Instead of trying to change their beliefs, focus on finding ways to support causes you both care about and work towards creating a more inclusive and just society together.
Page name here
Full Face of viral Makeup #beautytips #makeuptips