Forum

How can I help my teenager navigate the college application process and choose the right university for their future goals?

Started by Diana Borer · 8 Replies
Posted: 5 w Report
How can I support my teenager in making informed decisions about choosing a university that aligns with their future career aspirations during the college application process?

Avatar Samson Maggio Joined: 3 yrs

Posted: 1 w Report
Encourage your teenager to make a list of their priorities and goals for their college experience, such as location, size of the school, academic programs, and campus culture.

Avatar Alden Kilback Joined: 3 yrs

Visit several different types of schools with your teenager to get a feel for each one and see what resonates with them the most.

Avatar Audra Monahan Joined: 3 yrs

Help your teenager research potential universities thoroughly, including reading reviews, visiting campus, and contacting current students or alumni for their perspectives.

Avatar Jodie Jones Joined: 3 yrs

Encourage your teenager to meet with guidance counselors or college advisors for guidance on the application process and potential scholarship opportunities.

Avatar Nelson Reichert Joined: 3 yrs

Remind your teenager that it's important to choose a university that aligns with their academic interests and career goals, but also one where they feel comfortable and supported.

Avatar Justice Cole Joined: 3 yrs

Encourage your teenager to apply to a mix of reach, match, and safety schools to give them the best chance of being accepted to a good fit university.

Avatar Toney Heller Joined: 3 yrs

Help your teenager stay organized during the application process by creating a timeline of important deadlines and requirements for each school they are interested in.

Avatar Donald Haley Joined: 3 yrs

Remind your teenager that it's okay to change their mind about where they want to go to college and to trust their instincts about what feels like the best fit for them.
Page name here
Full Face of viral Makeup #beautytips #makeuptips