Forum

Have you ever encountered a problem with audio mixing that you were able to creatively solve?

Started by Alta Schaefer · 3 Replies
Posted: 14 w Report
Have you ever faced a challenge in audio mixing that forced you to think outside the box to find a solution? Share your experience and creative tactics with us!

Avatar Chaz Kshlerin Joined: 2 yrs

Posted: 13 w Report
I once had an issue where the vocals were getting lost in the mix. I was able to creatively solve this by using side-chain compression on the instruments to make them duck whenever the vocals came in, allowing them to cut through the mix much clearer.

Avatar Orval Okuneva Joined: 3 yrs

Another time, I was struggling with a muddy low end in my mix. I found a creative solution by using a high-pass filter on some of the instruments to clean up the lower frequencies and make the mix sound tighter and more focused.

Avatar Marty Wintheiser Joined: 3 yrs

There was also a situation where I was dealing with harsh and piercing high frequencies in the mix. I was able to creatively solve this by using a multiband compressor to tame the highs and then adding a touch of tape saturation to smooth them out and make them more pleasant to listen to.
Page name here
Full Face of viral Makeup #beautytips #makeuptips